Skip to main content

We are moving!!

When Leo and I got married over 11 years ago and moved to Carson, CA to the Don Dominguez Apartments, I always thought it was going to be temporary.  I got a job teaching, while Leo finished school and I always said, "As soon as you finish we are moving back [to San Diego], right?".  We ended up buying a house and getting settled in Long Beach.  Leo got his Masters and got a job.  We had Sophia and I quit.  The dream to move back to my hometown of Chula Vista was slowly slipping away.  We found a new church, Epicenter.  We loved it.  We had Dalia.  The market was looking great to sell, but we didn't because Leo had a job here.  So, we made our house bigger.  The dream was fading, but still in the back of my mind.  Yet, I was very happy here with my growing family.  We had Mia.  Then Lincoln.  Then, Leo lost his job.  We knew God had great plans for us but just weren't sure what they were.  After much prayer God has answered and has given Leo and amazing job and opened up the doors for us to move back to San Diego!  Although we are sad to leave many dear friends, our church, some of our favorite hang outs and our cozy little home that we have lived in for over 10 years we are very excited about our future!

It is amazing to see God's beautiful plan for our lives continue to unfold.  There are moments I still can't believe that this is actually happening and I am just in awe of God's perfect power and timing.  I know that if I trust in God, I don't have to worry about anything and that He always knows what we need and what is best for us. I know that in the midst of his unemployment and search for work it was very hard for Leo to see the hand of God in all of this.  But I know that now his faith has grown and that he can truly see and feel the hand of God moving in our lives.  I thank Him for loving us enough to help us grow in Him and taking us through this in order to see His power.  Sometimes we get complacent and self sufficient and forget that God alone is our provider.  HE is our only source of life and strength.  Trials are good reminders that we can do nothing without Him.  Thank you God for showing us your power and for making us depend completely on you!   It is such a joy to live in Christ and to know that no matter what life brings my way, I can depend on Him.  It can't any better than that.  "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 34:7



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2008

Enjoying an early birthday cake on Halloween The girls with Tia Lili Enjoying her halloween candy Dolly loved trick or treating Sophia showing off her favorite treat of the night Daddy and Sophia on Halloween Having fun at home Riding the pink elephant at the pumpkin patch Feeding the goat Watching the baby chicks Picking out a pumpkin Pa's Pumpkin Patch Getting ready for the Gymboree costume party Enjoying a hot October day at the Long Beach Aquarium Going shopping

It has been 2 years!

Well, it has been two years since I last posted on here and I thought it was about time to start this up again, for myself, my family, and close friends. It is hard to believe that Mia is two already but we just celebrated her second birthday last week! She is growing up to be an adorable and hilarious little lady. Dolly says that "Mia is the funny one in our family" and I have to agree. She keeps everyone looking at the bright side of things and definitely keeps us laughing. Dalia also turned four this month and we celebrated in Palm Springs with our family and her Sunday School friends and their parents (it was all her idea, by the way). She is developing to be and incredibly creative and confident girl, who may be too smart and crafty for her own good sometimes! She definitely keeps Leo and I on our toes and constantly reevaluating our parenting. Sophia is going to be 6 in November and growing up fast. She continues to be disciplined and organized

Funny story

Fun at Grandma Acosta's I love my daddy My baby is as big as me! Sisters Yesterday we were rushing to get ready for church. I was trying to get the girls dressed to I could go get ready. Sophia was rolling on the floor and just not paying attention to me. I asked her to go get her dress and come so I could put it on her. She brought me the hanger and laughed and was just not really into getting ready. I kind of snapped at her and told her to hurry up and stop messing around or else we were going to be late. She slowly turns to me and says, "Mom, you have to be patient with me." I couldn't help but laugh and apologize for rushing her.